I once turned my nose up at this book, because I thought it was all about a society burning books. But then I came across the movie on Netflix, and was overcome with a morbid curiosity. Wasn't all bad, and made me realize I should give the book an honest chance.
The book isn't just about a society that bans and burns books. But mostly about one of the firemen and how he began to think about how things were wrong, and how he wanted to change.
December 16th - 28th
This book took me a while to read, for a couple of reasons. 1) I have been a little busy lately, and 2) the book is a bit challenging. There are no chapters in it, but instead three parts. The writing style can seem to ramble some, so its easy to get a little bored sometimes. Otherwise, the book was enjoyable. I like how Montag seemed to unfold and bloom from book burner to book keeper.
I would recommend it to anyone who asked. Its a deserving classic for its ability to challenge and entertain.
No comments:
Post a Comment